Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday's Cuteability ~ Dot. Dot. Dot.


I was drawn to Lindsay's crafting style and just had to interview her! Please read the interview and take a look at her beautiful creations!

Your Shop Name: Dot. Dot. Dot.
Shop Address: http://www.lindsd620.etsy.com/



Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

My name is Lindsay, I'm 23 years old, from the lovely state of Maine. I've always been a creative type (loved my coloring books as a kid!) and in the past 2 years really started to become more serious about it. I scrapbook, I make things, I watch "The Office" and drink Dunkin' Donuts coconut iced coffees..that's pretty much my life, in a nutshell. Not literally, of course. The nutshell part, that is. I really do do all the other things. :)

What are your favourite materials to work with?

I love mixing things...I really love buttons, lace, vintage items, old book pages and ephemera, anything I can alter, anything funky or pretty. It really all depends what I'm setting out to work on.

I love how you upcycle items! How do you find inspiration from everyday items in your work? btw, I love the toliet roll garland you created!!

Thanks! With all the talk about going green lately, I've really tried to look at myself and what I throw out and see if I can save things that might normally see the bottom of the trash can. If I think I can turn it into something, why not try? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I just look at items and I see a possibility there. Other times, I take inspiration from other things I've seen around the online artistic/crafting community. I might be a little bit odd too, so that probably helps. ;)


What is your favourite creation?

Not sure if I have a favorite. I have things that I'm especially proud of, but usually I stay true in the ol' "you are your own worst critic" thingy majiggy. I'm working on it though. It's what keeps me working hard and on my toes.

Do you have any words of business wisdom or advice for other indie artists?

I still think of myself as a sort of novice. I'm still trying to figure things out as I go along. But, I would say that you need to follow your heart. Do you like what you're doing, making? Does it bring out the passion and creativity to the point where sometimes you feel like you're going to burst? If so, keep at it, don't give up. You need to believe in what you're doing or making. You need to work hard and never stop working hard.



Is there anything else you would like to share?

It was a pleasure being featured here on Friday's Cuteability...thanks so much! :)

9 comments:

The Sweet Unfolding said...

What a great site! I'll be checking back for more Friday's Cuteability!

PamperingBeki said...

What adorable things! Great find.

Cakespy said...

Totally adorable! Awesome to find out more about the artist too--isn't it always cool to see what inspires creative people?

melroska said...

very nice work!

BeadedTail said...

Very cute shop! Thank you for introducing this shop to me!

T.Allen-Mercado said...

insanely cute artist you found here, what a fine interview too...

Sandra Evertson said...

Just Beautiful one and all!
Sandra

earmark said...

i love your blog it is fresh and clean and fun to read through!

Annmaree said...

Hello, I'm 23 also and LOVE crafts... You have a great blog, hope to see you around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails